All fine jewelry purchases include complimentary inspection and cleaning. Similar to vintage jewelry, fine pieces should be maintained regularly to maximize longevity. Notable tips are listed below.
- Everyday substances like hairspray, lotion, perfume and other cosmetics can contain chemicals that will permanently damage the surface of your pearls and other delicate gems.
- Be careful with light and heat. Environmental factors can affect a gemstone’s durability and appearance.
- Use ultrasonic cleaners with caution -- not all jewelry can be safely cleaned with it. Organic materials such as pearl, coral, ivory, and amber should be cleaned manually. Plastic or wax-coated gemstones should also be cleaned with caution.
- Most colored gems can be cleaned with warm water and mild dish soap (no detergents) with a soft brush. However, soft gems such as pearls can easily scratch. Use a new, clean makeup brush and soap solution to gently clean.
- Pearls worn often should be restrung once a year.
- As for all jewelry, storing in a closed pouch or container will ensure minimal deterioration.
Resizing, Engraving, Refinishing, Repairing |
Depending on the style of the individual piece, we may be able to:
- Enlarge or reduce the size of rings, bracelets or necklaces at your request.
- Personalize your piece by engraving your desired phrase or symbol.
- Refinish and remove surface scratches and dullness.
- Repair or restore original appearance. Services include reassembling broken parts and resetting stones.
Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.